Here you can read about our general ticket terms
You can find all Terms and conditions as downloads under Rules and regulations
- It is the passenger's own responsibility to check the itinerary immediately after purchase, this is to ensure that the correct routes and name appear on the ticket.
If it is not the correct route or name that appears on the ticket, the passenger must contact Customer Service or the travel agency where the ticket was purchased within 24 hours and ask for the cancellation of the purchase, after which a new ticket can be purchased.
There is a 24-hour right of cancellation when purchasing a ticket on Air Greenland's routes, after which the general ticket conditions apply.
- When you buy a ticket for a trip with Air Greenland, the ticket is personal, and it is therefore not possible to change the names of passengers to others, or transfer the ticket to another person.
- When you buy a ticket with a stop in another city, and the entire journey is registered as a booking number, these types of tickets are called connecting tickets.
The ticket does not give the right to transport and will lose its validity if the ticket is not used in the order shown on the ticket.
If a ticket is not used by the passenger, Air Greenland can cancel one or more onward flight tickets that relate to the unused ticket, if Air Greenland has reason to assume that the passenger will not use the ticket in question.
- Changing and canceling/refunding a ticket is determined on the type of ticket purchased.
Standard Flex and Premium Flex can be fully refunded or changed without extra charge, this must be done no later than 2 hours before departure.
For Fly 'n Sleep, Takuss, Standard and Premium tickets, only taxes and fees can be refunded.
Under Ticket types, you can read more about the individual ticket types, and find one that suits your specific needs.
- Upgrade of tickets is only possible for Standard and Standard Flex, and this must be booked at least 2 hours before departure.
It is not possible to buy an upgrade while you are checking in at the counter.
- The ticket price includes taxes, charges, surcharges and fees imposed on Air Greenland by the state, airports and other authorities.
These costs must be paid by the passenger and are either included in the ticket price or shown separately in the "charges" field on the ticket.
- Air Greenland will endeavor to comply with the passenger's request for a specific seat, this applies to both prepaid seats and reserved seats.
However, Air Greenland reserves the right to change approved seat reservations right up until boarding has taken place, if this is required for operational and safety reasons. For example, children and infants must not be seated by an emergency exit for safety reasons.